Terms and conditions for the additional Baggage Option
Eligibility conditions This service is designed for customers who would like to transport one or more checked baggage items in addition to the standard baggage allowance authorized by their ticket. Additional baggage items must not exceed 23 kg / 50 lb and 158 cm / 62 in (height + length + width). The total number of additional baggage items permitted may be limited for some aircraft types. Additional Baggage Options cannot be purchased in the following cases:
- An infant under 2 years of age traveling on a parent's lap
- Transport of an animal (in the cabin or the hold)
- Transport of sports equipment (special fees apply)
Conditions of Sale It is possible to purchase additional Baggage Options:
- when purchasing a ticket online,
- anytime after purchasing your ticket and up until 30 hours before your flight's departure, in the My Bookings section of the website
- when checking in online* for flights operated by Air France, Air Corsica and Kenya Airways, departing from certain airports.
Baggage Options cannot be purchased during online check-in for:
- flights requiring online check-in via another airline's website,
- flights departing from or arriving in Abidjan, Amman, Bamako, Brazzaville, Conakry, Cotonou, Damascus, Douala, Kinshasa, Lagos, Lomé and Yaoundé.
Baggage Options cannot be purchased online for tgvair “air + rail” trips. Additional Baggage Options can be purchased on most www.airfrance.com websites.* In some countries, these Options may be available for purchase at certain points of sale. Additional Baggage Options are non-refundable and non-transferrable. If you wish to transfer a Baggage Option to another flight, please contact your point of sale before the Check-in Deadline. For flights with connections, the additional Baggage Option applies to the entire trip (departure city to final destination) for flights provided by Air France only. Payment methods The Additional Baggage Option may be purchased online, by card payment only. The option is sold at a lower price than at the airport, up to 24 hours before your flight's departure. Flying Blue Flying Blue members can use Miles to buy an Additional Baggage Option, in the My Bookings section of the website. With this method of payment, the online price is the same as the airport price. Flying Blue Silver, Gold, and Platinum members receive one additional baggage item at no extra charge in addition to the standard baggage allowance authorized for their ticket. The discount is valid for any additional baggage purchased online up until 24 hours before the departure of your flight and paid for using a bank card only. For customers traveling on an Award ticket, additional Baggage Options may only be purchased during online check-in. * Except Air France websites for the following countries and territories: Australia, New Caledonia, Slovakia and Slovenia.